The Sport for a Lifetime
Tennis is a sport that can be enjoyed by every age and any ability.
- Healthier: People who play tennis regularly cut their risk of death by any cause in half.
- Less Stress: Playing tennis can increase brain concentrations of norepinephrine, which reduces stress.
- Happier: Tennis players are more optimistic and cheerful than non-athletes.
- Stronger: Tennis can help improve agility, strength, and overall fitness.
- Smarter: Tennis can increase brain activity and improve memory.
- More Confident: Playing tennis regularly can increase confidence and self-esteem.
Adult/Senior Tennis in Greater Houston
Houston has a very active tennis community for adults and seniors. Thousands play in USTA, HTA, and WTT leagues, and we conduct tournaments throughout the year. Whether you're 18 or 80, brand new to tennis or played Line 1 at your college, we have tennis opportunities for you.
When you get in the game, you find yourself in a happier, healthier place.
Where to Find...
- Looking for instruction? Search for a USPTA-certified professional near you.
- Looking for a place to play? Check our listings of tennis courts in Greater Houston.
- Looking for the rules of tennis? See our page consolidating rules and regulations.
- Looking for leagues to play in? Look at our information about USTA and HTA leagues, and our World Team Tennis offerings.
- Looking for tournament opportunities? Read our list of upcoming tournaments within a 50-mile radius of downtown Houston.
- Looking for wheelchair tennis? There are free play-days every week at the West Gray Adaptive Center.
- Looking for Houston tennis news? Our Latest News feed has you covered.
- Looking for tennis news in Texas and beyond? Check the HTA Daily Chronicle.
- Looking for USTA's TennisLink for league and tournament registration? It's right here.
- Looking for HTA logo merchandise? Take the court Houston proud!
- Looking to improve tennis in our great city? Consider volunteering with the HTA.
- Looking for more information? Contact the HTA. We're here to help.