Scholarships are available to high school seniors in the Greater Houston area who will be entering college in the upcoming year, and who have participated in high school varsity tennis and/or USTA Texas Section tournaments or programs. Students attending college on a tennis scholarship are ineligible.
In addition to funds directly provided by the HTA, donors include:
- West Houston Ladies Tennis Scholarships (WHLTA)
- National Senior Women's Clay Court Championships' Scholarship (note: this scholarship is available to women only)
- World Oilman's Tennis Tournament Scholarships
- Steve Wolford Memorial Scholarship
- Michael Horvath Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Leona Schroeder Memorial Scholarship
- Jodi Jablonski Memorial Scholarship
To apply, download the HTA Scholarship Application form.
The 2016 application deadline is Monday, May 9.
Follow the directions on the application to submit the form. Note that in addition to the completed form, you will also need to include the following:
- Parents' or Guardian' current year tax return (pages 1 and 2 of Form 1040 only)
- Academic transcript from your high school
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of extracurricular activities, tennis history, community service, and job experience (if any)
- A typed personal statement addressing how the scholarship would benefit you (500 words or less)